Netspend and Cash App are popular companies that provide various financial products, payment options, and tools to help consumers establish credit, pay bills, and access funds for investment products.
Netspend offers prepaid credit cards, debit cards, and bill payment methods, so you can retrieve funds from an ATM, transfer money to a bank account, and use your card as an online payment method. One of the benefits of using Netspend is the ability to transfer funds to Cash App so that you can access funds for additional purposes outside of Netspend’s services.
Cash App is a great vehicle that allows you to perform various functions, including the ability to speed up direct deposits and transfers to your bank account, buy stocks and cryptocurrencies, and pay an individual or business.
Many small businesses find Cash App a valuable tool for paying vendors and receiving sale payments from customers. It’s a highly secure app that protects your funds and account details with an additional layer of data encryption and verification locks.
Netspend and Cash App offer excellent options for consumers, depending on the types of products, savings, and investment goals. There are various benefits that each platform provides to customers and businesses.
Netspend vs Cash App
Netspend versus Cash App—which one works best for your financial goals? There are some significant advantages that each platform offers, based on your personal and professional needs.
- Netspend is compatible with Android, SaaS, and iPhone mobile devices
- It’s a popular choice for small companies and businesses opening a bank account to manage finances and expenses separately from other transactions
- Online support is available for customers
- The company offers in-person training and documentation for customer support
- Specifically designed for business bank accounts
Cash App Features:
- Cash App is compatible with SaaS, Android, iPhone, and iPad
- It’s a convenient app to send and receive money effortlessly
- Online support is available for customers
- Cash App offers a free version, so you can try this platform’s basic features before deciding whether to purchase the app’s complete services
- Offers a variety of features for business and personal accounts, including mobile payments, payment processing, online investments, trading, and cryptocurrencies
Netspend is ideal for small business owners and companies that need to allocate funds for business spending and receiving payment from sales and related transactions when considering which option is best for your financial goals.
According to Netspend’s website, this platform is a helpful banking alternative to traditional financial institutions.
The company was founded in 1999, based in the U.S., and affiliated with Global Payments and TSYS. Netspend offers financing options to help businesses establish and use various services without a credit check and valuable features, including cashback and quick payment processing.
According to Cash App’s website, customers have access to many excellent services once you transfer money to this platform, including transferring and speeding up direct deposits to bank accounts, investment options in Bitcoin and stocks, transferring money to individuals and businesses, and spending options.
Can Netspend Send Money to Cash App?
Netspend provides a convenient platform to manage your card with a smartphone app or using the website. Netspend allows users to transfer funds received through sales and related payments to other online platforms and apps, including PayPal and Cash App.
It’s important to note that Netspend isn’t a bank account, and it’s a prepaid card that works as a vehicle to transfer, spend, and receive funds from business transactions. It’s also a versatile product that links easily with popular platforms, including PayPal and Cash App.
5 Steps to Transferring Money from Netspend to Cash App
Transferring money from Netspend to Cash App is easy and takes just a few minutes.
- Open Cash App on your smartphone and choose the icon at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- When you click on this icon, you’ll open a screen that prompts you to add a financial institution with “add bank.” Cash App does not allow bank accounts or cards to be added, though Netspend is available to add as a banking choice.
- A series of fields will appear, prompting you to enter your banking information. In these spaces, add the details of your Netspend account. These details include your routing and account numbers.
- Once all the information is filled out, confirm the details, and link the account.
- Netspend is now linked to your Cash App account, and you can transfer money immediately.
Does Netspend Work with Cash App?
Netspend is compatible with Cash App, allowing users to add this platform as a bank account and quickly transfer money. It’s a great way to move funds that small businesses earn from a special event, pop-up store, or similar venue to a Cash App, allowing you to allocate funds for future expenses.
Netspend is more business-focused, whereas Cash App is versatile and allows you to move funds effortlessly without any complicated steps or requirements.
Transferring Funds from Netspend to Cash App Through PayPal
If you have a PayPal account, you can transfer or add money from Netspend to PayPal, then allocate these funds to your Cash App:
- Log into your PayPal account on the website or through the mobile app, and add the “add money online” option.
- Add the Netspend account as an option to your PayPal account, so you can select this option as a bank to send funds. While Netspend isn’t an actual bank account, it does include routing and account number, which are added similarly as banking details, into the required fields.
- Once the details of Netspend are entered, you can enter the number of funds to send.
- The money from Netspend will appear in your PayPal account within one to three days.
- When the funds arrive in your PayPal account, access My Wallet on PayPal to transfer money to your bank.
- Choose Cash App as your bank account to deposit the amount you want to transfer, then click continue.
- Enter and confirm the specific amount to transfer, then click “transfer now.”
Transferring from a Netspend prepaid card to a Cash App through PayPal is different, and this method was used before Netspend’s prepaid card was available to link directly with Cash App.
While the alternative option of transferring Netspend funds with the multiple steps of using PayPal takes a few days, before you can transfer your funds to Cash App, it is relatively easy and allows you to receive money safely.
If you want to directly transfer funds from the Netspend prepaid card to Cash App, the platform has since made the process easier with banking details so that a third party, such as PayPal, is not necessary to transfer money from Netspend to Cash App.
How to Link Netspend to Cash App
The process of linking Netspend to Cash App is quick and easy, and it takes just a minute and allows you to transfer funds immediately following this process. Cash App is a versatile platform where you can add prepaid credit cards, debit cards, ATM cards, including Netspend, by clicking “add bank” and entering the account and routing numbers.
Related: CashTag Name Examples
Do I Need My Flash ID to Transfer Money to Cash App?
Flash ID is not required to send money to Cash App from Netspend or other platforms. Netspend offers a service called FlashPay ID, which gives users the ability to transfer money to prepaid accounts and receive money from these types of accounts.
While this option is available with specific brands and is easy to use, it’s not required when transferring money to Cash App.
Does Netspend Have Fees for Money Transfers?
Netspend charges a fee to transfer funds if you contact customer service to complete the transactions. This fee is $4.95 per transfer and may result in another fee charged by the other financial institution.
If you transfer funds using your Netspend prepaid card, there is no charge, though the other bank or financial company may add a fee for this service.
If you transfer funds through a third party, it’s essential to consult the participating companies and platforms about additional fees before proceeding with the transaction.
Netspend is a versatile, innovative product ideal for small business owners. It’s also a compatible card with many other financial companies, including Cash App, which allows you to allocate funds into various spending, savings, and investment vehicles for your money.
Netspend and Cash App are popular, safe, and widely used digital financial products that offer a great alternative to traditional banks and financial companies.
These innovative products offer a more compact, portable way to gain access to your funds and transfer money seamlessly without risking the safety or security of your account.
Cash App and Netspend work well together, extending your options so that you can invest, spend, and save your money in a variety of ways. You’ll also have an easy way to quickly transfer money to individuals and businesses without high fees or multiple, complex steps involved.