One prepaid card solution is ReliaCard. Unlike prepaid cards that you can purchase at a grocery store, ReliaCard is a reloadable, prepaid debit card that US Bank issues. However, you don’t have to have an account with US Bank to use ReliaCard.
ReliaCard is unique because it provides an electronic option for receiving government agency payments and financial assistance, which allows instant access to your money instead of waiting to get a check in the mail.
Once you load money onto the card, you can use ReliaCard to pay for anything, such as in-store purchases, bills, online orders, mail-in purchases, or phone purchases.
ReliaCard has many unique benefits over standard prepaid cards. You can easily transfer get cashback when using ReliaCard with participating merchants or withdraw cash at ATMs, banks, or credit unions.
Keep reading if you already have a ReliaCard and want to learn how to transfer money from ReliaCard to Cash App.
Transferring Money from ReliaCard to Cash App
The CashApp allows you to send and receive money to and from other people who have the app.
However, currently, ReliaCard does not allow you to directly transfer money to Cash App. Instead, you have to use your bank account as a bridge that allows you to move money from your ReliaCard to Cash App.
Thus, if have money available on your ReliaCard and need to transfer it to your Cash App, here are the steps you will need to follow:
- Move the money from your ReliaCard to your bank account
- Move the money from your bank account to Cash App
Read on to learn how to accomplish these two steps to transfer money from ReliaCard to Cash App by way of your bank account.
- Transfer Money from ReliaCard to Your Bank Account
Since ReliaCard is different from other prepaid cards, you must have a bank account that supports ReliaCard-to-bank transfers to be able to transfer money from ReliaCard to your bank account.
The first two transfers per month are free. However, there is a $2 charge for each additional transfer each month. The process also takes 3-5 business days.
To transfer money from ReliaCard to a bank account, follow these four easy steps:
- Log in: Log in to the ReliaCard website.
- Link to your bank: Go to the Banking tab, select Link Bank, and follow the instructions.
- Provide information: In the Manage Money menu, select Card to Bank Transfer, and provide account information about the bank account and the amount you would like to send.
- Complete transfer: Click Transfer Funds.
2. Transfer Money from Your Bank Account to Cash App
After you have transferred money from ReliaCard to your bank account, you will need to initiate a transfer from your bank account to your Cash App.
Follow these steps to add money to Cash App from your bank account:
- Log in: Log in to your Cash App account.
- Link to your bank: If you haven’t already linked Cash App to your bank account, you will need to do so. To link your bank account to Cash App, click your Profile icon, select Linked Banks, choose Link Bank, and follow the instructions.
- Initiate transfer: Choose the Banking tab on the Cash App home screen, and choose Add Cash.
- Provide information: Choose how much you would like to add from your bank account to the Cash App and press Add.
- Verify: To verify your identity, you must use your Touch ID or enter your PIN.
There are two different speeds that you can choose for receiving your money from your bank account into Cash App:
- Standard deposit: Money arrives in Cash App from your bank account within 1-3 business days, and the transaction is free.
- Instant deposit: Money arrives in Cash App from your bank account, but you have to pay a 0.5% to 1.75% fee (minimum of $0.25).
The process of transferring money from ReliaCard to Cash App is a little complicated since it’s a two-step process that’s not immediate. First, you have to transfer the money from ReliaCard to your bank account. Then, you have to transfer the money from your bank account to Cash App.
The complete process will take 3-8 days. It takes 3-5 days to get the money from ReliaCard to your bank and another 0-3 days to get the money from the bank to Cash App.
Additionally, you may end up paying fees for your transfer. If you’ve already done two transfers from Reliacard to your bank account this month, Reliacard will charge $2 for the transfer. Then, if you want money in Cash App immediately, you’ll have to pay an additional 0.5% to 1.7% fee.